6.3.08

This Cannot Be Undone...

i've ended very few "relationships" in my life... anyone i took effort into getting to know and become close to i won't let completely out of my life too readily... of course, some of these "relationships" are not very well thought out... and some i really should do without... but nevertheless, once that commitment is there, it's there to stay until the other person leaves, or until things become utterly unbearable for me. that being said i went to delete someone from my facehook account today (see "if my shoulder could be any colder" post for details of why). now, one can argue that the makers of facehook had no intention of digging too deeply into the reasons why people remove friends, or that they didn't even bother to try make anyone reconsider removing a friend... but... as i was studying the tab with this person's info in my "friend" list and deciding what i was supposed to click on to delete them... i, as usual, started to reconsider my rash decision to remove them... was the situation really that bad? should i really be that annoyed? am i just over-reacting? could this simply blow over? etc etc... as these thoughts were entering my head i clicked the little "x" in the corner and the warning window popped up and answered all of my questions in an instant... right there in the middle of the paragraph it said

"This cannot be undone."

i know what they actually meant by this statement... but my immediate thoughts were of the action that prompted me to consider removing them in the first place... facehook is right... it cannot be undone... it cannot be fixed... it cannot be ignored... no more vacillating... i clicked the remove button....

No comments: